Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. NAMI Northern Kentucky appreciates the hard work and commitment from everybody who donates their time to help us continue our effort in helping everybody affected by mental illnesses. The following list is a sample of the jobs that are available for volunteers:
- Steps Against Stigma Walk Committee.
- Respond to requests for information, referral, education, and peer support about and related to serious mental illnesses (requires individual and group training).
- Clerical work in the NAMI NKY office.
- Update contact information and send out emails via our Constant Contact account.
- Distribute brochures to area libraries, churches, doctor’s offices, etc.
- Help with the newsletter or other mailings.
- Facilitate education classes and support groups for relatives, caregivers, and friends of adults with mental illness
- Fold and label brochures
- Schedule speakers for our meetings and our speaker series
- Write articles for our newsletter
- Contact schools, churches, etc. to obtain speaking engagements about our programs and classes
- Write letters to community agencies, legislators, and officials to support programs or services for those with mental illness.
- Serve on the Board of Directors
- Offer any other skills and services to further our mission and goals
To contact us about your interest in volunteering, please fill out the form below or email Dorothy Best at email@example.com