NAMI NKY has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information collection and use practices for this Web site: www.naminky.org.
- NAMI NKY does not collect personally identifiable information about you other than what you are willing to share. We do not keep a log of IP address’s that visit our site as part of our normal site tracking operation.
- You have the option of entering personally-identifiable information about yourself as you interact with the Website, including name, address, phone number, email address, interests, etc. NAMI NKY uses this information to help us understand who our site users are and how we may provide a higher quality of services.
- NAMI NKY does not share any of your personally-identifiable information outside the NAMI NKY organization. NAMI State Organizations and NAMI Affiliates (e.g. NAMI NKY) are expected to adhere to these same privacy practices in regards to your personal information.
- You retain full control over all information you share about yourself and may remove or request removal of this information at any time.
- You retain full control over what types of e-mail communication you receive from NAMI NKY and may stop e-mail correspondence at any time.
- You have the option to share personally identifiable information about yourself with other visitors to the Web site. These options are clearly labeled as such, e.g. the NAMI NKY Steps Against Stigma pages. You may remove or request removal of any such information you share.
- Anytime you enter personally-identifiable information, not intended to be shared publicly, such as password, address, or credit card number, this information is sent to NAMI NKY over a secure connection.
- NAMI NKY uses generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us.
The Personal Information We Collect, How We Collect It And How It Is Used:
The NAMI NKY Website does not collect any personally-identifiable information about our site visitors, other than information that visitors freely enter.
The one exception to this is that like most Web sites; in the event that you experience difficulty using our Website, we may use your IP address in connection with your personal information to perform troubleshooting. Also, in the event that criminal behavior is suspected, NAMI NKY may provide this information to law enforcement, who could potentially trace it back to you through your Internet service provider.
Optional Personal Information
All users who sign-in also can provide optional personal information about themselves in the myNAMI area of the site, including:
- Demographic information (age, gender, income) and information about your a family member’s illness (consumer, family member, etc.) This information is used in aggregate reports to help us have a better idea of who our users are and how we can better tailor our site to their needs. We may also use this information to help us target e-mail communication. For example, we might send an e-mail announcing a conference for Latinos to everyone who has identified themselves as Hispanic and has given us permission to send e-mail.
- Subscriptions (mySubscriptions): The subscriptions page allows you to control all of the regular e-mail communication you receive from NAMI National from a single page. Here, you can opt-in or opt-out from receiving general e-mail announcements from NAMI, as well as subscribe to one of our many e-newsletters.
NAMI NKY does not trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information to third parties, nor do we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all donors, online and offline.
If you make a donation online at our Website, you are required to enter personal contact information and credit card information. We use this information to process your donation and send you a confirmation receipt. This information will not be sold or shared with outside parties.
We also add you to our donor database, from which you may receive periodic fundraising appeals via postal mail or e-mail. This is outside of your general opt-in preference for an e-mail from NAMI NKY as indicated on your subscriptions page. However, You may choose to opt-out simply send us correspondence via email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like to stop receiving donor mailings.
Online Event Registration:
If you register for an event at our Web site, such as the NAMI NKY Steps Against Stigma, you must first activate a sign-in account. Additionally, you must enter credit card information. We use this information to register you, to send you a confirmation, and to do any subsequent follow-up about the event.
You are also added to a mailing list, from which you may receive announcements about future events via postal mail or e-mail. This is outside of your general opt-in preference for an e-mail from NAMI as indicated on your subscriptions page. If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or at the address below.
Many links within e-mail communications you receive from us, have a tracking ID at the end. This enables us to measure how often certain links are clicked on to gauge overall interest in the email campaign. From e-mails, or from the Website when you are signed in, it is possible for us to tie the information provided by tracking IDs to your personally-identifiable information, though we do not routinely do so. We are primarily interested in the aggregate effect of our various online efforts.
NAMI does not share any personally identifiable information about you with anyone outside of NAMI. The information we collect is used internally to help us serve you better. You have the option to update, revise, or have deleted any personal information you have shared with NAMI. For specific information about how information is used, please see the section above.
General Announcements And Promotions:
We will occasionally send you information on special events, news, or opportunities. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see “Choice and Opt-Out ”
If you subscribe to one of our e-newsletters, we will use your name and e-mail address to send it to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option to unsubscribe. Please see “Choice and Opt-Out ”
Other E-Mail Notifications:
You may also choose to receive other types of e-mail from NAMI, related to particular features on the site. These include notifications related to new postings in the discussion groups, myNAMI alerts whenever new information matching your stated interests is added to the site, copies of letters you send to your elected representatives, etc. You may control what e-mails you receive from within the particular feature they are related to.
Service Or Membership-Related Announcements:
On rare occasions, we will send you service- or membership-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an e-mail.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
We provide several opportunities for you to control the amount of personally-identifiable information you share with us, and the use of that information:
Please contact NAMI NKY directly if you wish to be removed from any postal mailing lists, or are unable to access any of the means explained under “Self Service ” Or, you may also respond to the return address on the information you received, as it may have come from a state or local NAMI organization.
Further Information Or Support:
NAMI Northern Kentucky
303 Court Street, Suite 707
Covington, KY 41011
Phone: (513) 205-4118
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to contact your NAMI State Organization or local NAMI Affiliate, please look up their contact information here.
Personally-identifiable information that you provide NAMI will only be used internally by NAMI NKY and may be shared among the national, state and local offices. This includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, information preferences, and demographic information. NAMI State Organizations and local NAMI Affiliates are expected to adhere to these same privacy practices. However, NAMI National is unable to guarantee the privacy of your information at the state or local level. If you have concerns, please contact your NAMI State Organization or local NAMI Affiliate.
Links To Other Sites:
This Website may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by NAMI NKY. Please be aware that we, NAMI NKY, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally-identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and /or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
Browsers And Internet Security
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.